Medics refer to it as otalgia. It can affect your both ears, or just one. It is manifested through sharp, dull or even burning pain, depending on its character. Its intensity ranges from mild to unbearable pain.
Common causes of otalgia:
- – Inserting objects in ear
- – Shampoo or water in ear
- – Acute or chronic otitis (ear inflammation)
- – Excess cerumen (ear wax)
- – Sinusitis (sinus infection)
- – Ear damage due to changes in pressure
- Less common causes of otalgia:
- – Problems with teeth, toothache
- – Tooth infection, tooth abscess
- – Perforated eardrum
- – Temporomandibular joint syndrome
- – Chronic (persistent) otitis externa
- – Trigeminal neuralgia
Carefully crack open an walnut. Use a knife if it is easier for you. Remove the kernel and pour some oil in the shell.
Place the shell on a heated hotplate. Let it boil for 2 minutes. Be careful, you should not spill the oil. The shell will release some iodine which will enhance the healing properties of the oil you are using.
Draw up the oil using a syringe. Carefully drop some of your healing oil into the aching ear. The pain will disappear instantly!