Baxter left her iPhone 4 charging on the bed next to her as she fell
asleep — something she does often. But, boy, was that time different —
the woman woke up in severe pain some time later to discover a five-inch
burn on her breast. And yes, it was cause by the phone which had
who is from Purfleet in Essex, England, was immediately rushed to
hospital where the doctors treated the wound with antibiotic cream and
painkillers. She told the Sun newspaper what had taken place:
sleep in the nude and this large red mark was all down one side to the
nipple. When I touched the phone, it was so hot, I couldn’t pick it up…
It’s dreadful. Imagine if my daughter had been on that side of the bed
and it had burned her face"
course, Dionne’s experience is not the first time that a phone has
overheated during the night and burned someone, nor is it limited to
iPhones. Just two weeks ago, it happened to Jake Parker who woke up to
discover a painful burn on his arm after falling asleep over his iPhone
5. And earlier in February, a teenage girl suffered second degree burns
after her iPhone caught fire in her back pocket while she was at school.
the Android front, we have the experience of Ariel Tolfree — a
13-year-old girl from Texas — who had left her Samsung Galaxy S4 under
her pillow before she fell asleep and when she woke up it had scorched
her pillow and bed sheets. I wonder if there is something that could be
done about this. Couldn’t there be an app that shuts down the phone when
it heats over a certain temperature?
01.Dionne Baxter from Purfleet in Essex was left badly burned after falling asleep on her iPhone4..
02.Ms. Baxter took this photoimmediatelyafter waking up and discovering the burn on her breast..
03.Ms. Baxter was left with a painful fiveinchscar which was made worse after the burn became infected..
Share this storywith your friends below, especially with thosewhosleep with their phones next to them.